Create React App is a very good example of that.
Even still, there's a high learning curve before you can build a proper application. That's because you need to learn about client-side routing, page layout, and so on. If you'd like to perform server-side rendering for faster page loads, things can become even more difficult.
So, we need something simple but customizable.
Think about how webapps are created with PHP. You create some files, write PHP code, then simply deploy it. We don't have to worry about routing much, and the app is rendered on the server by default.
- Server-rendered by default
- Automatic code splitting for faster page loads
- Simple client-side routing (page based)
- Webpack-based dev environment which supports Hot Module Replacement (HMR)
- Able to implement with Express or any other Node.js HTTP server
- Customizable with your own Babel and Webpack configurations
Sounds great, right?
Let's give it a try.